Friday, July 08, 2005

It must be muslims....

I was sitting in my office until someone told me something blew up in the tube in London. So I log on to Aljazeera website, one dead and tens are injured, and they said it was an electrical accident, so I close the window and get back to my work. The fellow in a couple of hours tells me that it was a couple of bombs on different tracks, and that the death toll was rising.

Then he says "Im sure they will peg it to arabs and muslims!" And I'm like "NO SHIT ?!"

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, ITS A FUCKIN TERRORIST !

The crime isnt only blowing up the innocent and unsuspecting. The crime is the disassociation by the likes of the fellow that saw the news.... rubbed it off.... and was concerned about the "west" blaming "muslims" rather than "what just happened?"

I'm sure what went through his mind that hour was "ahh shucks, we cant go to London for a vacation in a couple of years now. There go my summer plans. I really need to cool down... I think I'll call the agent ... we didnt bomb Moscow yet.."

What if someone that looks like me took the Subway next week ? Isnt it rational for folks to eye him from top to bottom? Just to make sure at least.... Hell.. I WOULD !

We grew aloof to death and blood..... radio in the background... "bomb in Iraq leaves 10 dead and 114 injured" isnt really top news anymore....

The presumably open-minded draw a blurry line... "well 9-11 and the underground is wrong, but the suiciderds in Israel are martyrs"

No they're not... they're burning your bridges with the rest of the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger moodZ said...

Would there be a day when the other nations look at bombings as acts of fanatic individuals regardless of their race, color, ethnicity, or religious background?

2:21 PM  
Blogger The Joker said...

Its kind of hard to not look at their religious background if its the base for fanatism.
Trust me... its hard to change something that is dispositioned, and reenforced time and time again.

Just like most arabs hate jews

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home