Friday, August 12, 2005

Heaven & Hell

* Reference to the previous post.

So I was thinking, are these the people we're going to meet in heaven? In the Quran it says
" على الأرائك ينظرون" Which means the good folks will be sitting on leather couches watching the rest of us not-so-brilliant bunch. If I walk into heaven, and found the person I met sitting on a couch there, whats my life for eternity gonna be like? Don't we think to ourselves, why does the person that invented vaccines and antibiotics and saved millions of humans, probably a christian, ends up burning in hell while the fellow that doesnt like to see Shi'a, women, or most human beings; and is ready to blow them up, is going to sit on a couch and laugh at him while eating a banana?
Honestly, If I went to heaven and saw that guy again... I'm going to ask God to take me down to hell... at least Im going to meet Bob Marley and Elvis down there..

8 Comments:

Anonymous EastCoastReader said...

If Christianity is wrong and Islam is right or vice versa with any other religion/sect interchanged as you see fit, than there are certainly a lot of upset souls in a place they didn't expect to be.

This "our faith is the only faith" attitude is a big threat that must be challenged (if possible) when it rears its ugly head. You probably won't change them but you can let them know you aren't going to subscribe to their inbred backwater views.

8:14 PM  
Blogger The Joker said...

There is this inherent hirerarchy in the religious society... I really have a problem with people nullifying others because of their faith.

Even when describing heaven, they have levels based on how good you've been. Aren't we all god's creatures? Why should I be placed in a lower level than someone else because god made them a "better person?"

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Bonsaimark said...

We all should have problems with religious people who nullify anyone on the basis of faith or lack of. We are all God's creatures and I don't think God makes anyone better than anyone else. Still this mentality persists among some and I refuse to accept their views.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Mimaa said...

The other matter that bothers me is how self-righteous / religious people believe that part of becoming a "true believer" is to preach and attempt to convert others.

I certainly won't appreciate it if someone where to insult my belief system, so why do it to others?

another thing, yes God created us equal, hence he wont make some "better" than others. Whether they go up or down on the good/evil scale is their own doing.

11:41 PM  
Blogger moodZ said...

(( Why should I be placed in a lower level than someone else because god made them a "better person?" ))

Excuse me?! "God made him a better person?!" Now we are blaming god for our misery?!

12:22 AM  
Blogger The Joker said...

emoodz, God is your maker, isnt he? ;)Didnt he make some people that are more religious than yourself, and others that are less religious, like me for example?

5:56 AM  
Blogger moodZ said...

yes god is my maker.. and no he didn't make me any less religious than anyone.. That I make myself.. I choose my decisions by myself.. I can be a hippie or turn to a buddhist and it will be all my choice.. god has nothign to do with it!

12:38 AM  
Blogger The Joker said...

So god the almighty can't make a hippy or a muslim by himself?

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home