Sunday, September 25, 2005

Green PARTY!!

I was walking through the streets of Zurich, and I decided to have a break in a very famous Square there... where they have all the bars and restaurants on the street... and I saw these couple of teenagers.. approaching all the pedestrians with flyers that have green leaves on them. Someone that looked like their leader, half-cast, with long rastafi hair was coordinating their presence. I assumed they were a group that was trying to lobby support for hashish and hashish accessories. Although I try to avoid it as much as possible, I find myself on the slippery slope of prejudice from time to time. Later that night, I walk back the same square to find these kids huddled up... and looks to me like they were briefing each other about what was going on.... I needed to put out the curiousity in me.. so I asked the rastafi... "what are you guys doing? is this sort of a movement?" All of them looked at me at once and said "No its not really a movement.. we are an organization that wants to preserve nature and keep Switzerland clean from toxic waste." It was just humbling. When I was a teenager all I worried about was girls, cars, football, and loud music instruments.... these young men and women spent their weekend trying to spread awareness and try to recruit members.... wow... they asked me if I liked to join... I told them I wasn't a swiss resident.. Im just here for a short while... but I really support the good work you do... their faces lit up.. and I kept walking.

2 Comments:

Blogger $iLveR GiRL said...

Just for the record, we have teenagers with similar honourable interests in Bahrain as well :)

2:55 AM  
Blogger The Joker said...

I'm sure there are good people everywhere... Its just... shame I wasn't one of them :D

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home