Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Winds of Change

This is not a scene from the twilight zone. This is the honest-to-god truth. Tomorrow at 5 pm, I will hop on an airplane to go to a Scorpion's concert, in Doha, Qatar. While I'm chanting "Rock you like a Hurricane" and "Send me an Angel" with the german rock legends, guess who's in Bahrain? Who's old and sad enough to remember The Human League? I can't believe this!
How did this happen? The highlight of the weekend is an 80's one-hit-wonder that disappeared into the backshelves of a record store?

Does anyone other than myself see a problem with going from BAHRAIN to QATAR to get your groove on? All do respect to our pleasant neighbor, but weren't we the ones priding ourselves for being hip? This is wrong... this is wrong...

5 Comments:

Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

I interviewed The Scorps many years ago in Boston in my long hair days working in the music business. They where a class act THEN and I am sure they still are. HAVE A GREAT TIME!

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Mahmood Al-Yousif said...

ah, you're that kind of rocker? you're too young surely for the Scorpions? It was my favourite rock band for a long time, didn't know they were still going. Good news.

Enjoy your trip and come back rocked out!

7:18 AM  
Blogger moodZ said...

enjoy it while you can buddy, go out there and get your groove on!

9:39 AM  
Blogger ES said...

Taaaaaaaake me to the magic of the moment on a gloooorrrry night, where the children of tomorrow dream away.. in the wind of change.

You're lucky as hell, man. Tell us all about it.

3:35 AM  
Blogger The Joker said...

It was really amazing. I really enjoyed it. When the show was over, they threw the drum sticks and stuff to the crowd, and yours truely was lucky enough to catch the Bass guitarist's pick. Too bad its the new guy.. I don't know him.. paul something

GOD.. why wasn't it Rudolph?!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home