Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Good service

I was at an insurance company the past couple of days sorting out some issues, and I was very impressed with their customer service level. I decided to list what are, in my opinion, the best and the worst performers in Bahrain.

Cheers:

1- Ahlia Insurance: The staff is very friendly and cooperative. I asked them for favors out of their job description, and they were more happy to do it. They are very enthusiastic also. If there is one drawback, I noticed that they have somewhat weak product information. The staff had difficulty pricing premiums and different policies got them kind of confused, but over all, very good service.

2- MTC-Vodafone: They are very friendly on the phone and in the store. Their shops are colorful, and their environment is youthful... that gets you relaxed right from the start. Their payment system is kind of wierd... they cut you off as soon as you reach a low limit faster than you can say reconnect.

3- Gulf Hotel: The staff in different functions is very professional. The health club staff are very close friends of mine... and the waiters and bartenders in the hotel are good too.

Jeers:

1- Ahli United Bank: Customer service at its worst. The knuckle heads at the customer service desk are so confused they don't know whether you were coming or going! One time I asked them how long it took them to process a loan knowing that my salary account is with them, I have no other commitment, and my employer is A rated. They said "roughly one month." I don't have an account with BBK and they said they'd do it in less than a week. I have endless stories with AUB... I applied for an internet account around July or august.. still didnt recieve it.

2- Batelco: Their customer service reps just have that "fuck you, what are you gonna do about it?" look on their faces. Hell.. they were the only company in the land.. they can cut you off and you couldn't call and tell anyone about it... Are you thinking of complaining? Oops.. your internet and phone lines have been cut off by mistake.. we'll send our technicians in a silver jubilee celebration.

3- Geant: I mean we're fine with the fact that most of their stuff is crap anyway.. but not willing to accept it is kind of an area of concern. They won't refund their underpriced crap.. I mean everyone knows that if a TV costs less than a pair of boots.. it can't be any good.. Not only that.. the place is WAY understaffed... you can easily wait for a good 30 minutes until someone attends to you.

Disclaimer: please do not sue me

6 Comments:

Blogger TariqKhonji said...

I disagree with you on Batelco. They're telephone service is kind of bad, but the counter employees are really helpful and friendly.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

man sorry to brake it to you .. batelco sucks. their customer service are ready to flirt with you soon as they realize ur a girl, they try ever soo hard to help but it normally goes in through one ear and comes out the other cause in end of the convo i dont understand shit they said.

7:32 PM  
Blogger SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Joker,
You can't be sued simply because NO ONE IS LISTENING!

8:55 PM  
Blogger The Joker said...

Yeah Tariq were you hooked on morphine before you walked in there?

I went there with a friend... they tried all sorts of excuses not to connect him to the internet for a whole year! The requirements said they want a copy of the CPR.. when he took it there the prick was like "I'm afraid I need the original." We're like "but it says right there!" He's like "but thats not what it means." Go figure.

And after a year.. they sent him a backdated bill for the whole year...

SBG they don't have to listen if they don't want to.. but they're in business.. and the way its heading.. they won't be for long

12:01 PM  
Blogger Tito Kayak said...

100% in agreement on all six fronts!!!

As a regular customer of Ahli Insurance, MTC Vodafone, and Geant, I know first-hand what their customer service is like. Bravo for voicing an accurate account.

I'm not a customer of the other three listed...though the Gulf gets rave reviews from everyone I know. The other two: I've heard nothing but nightmares!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

employee books

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home