Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Buildings

The real estate sector in Bahrain boomed and echo-boomed in the last couple of years. Now I don’t know if this phenomenon is the result of property owners trying so hard to put their offerings on the market while its still hot, but most of the new buildings do not suit, in design and location, their purpose.

These are examples of buildings which I think should be renovated into different facilities.

A’ali Mall:

The building is very elegant, retains the local experience, and the location is the most valuable on the Island. On the other hand, it does not have open corridors, but a rather star-shaped design which makes it hard for impulse shoppers to get around. If I was a business owner, I wouldn’t set a shop in that maze.

I think that building should be turned into a museum of modern arts. The kind of people that will go there will be the kind that is really dedicated to the cause. I think they will enjoy losing themselves in that intricate structure.


Bahrain Financial Harbor

I don’t know if the promoters realized this already, but Investment Banks, or private banks really emphasize on the “PRIVATE” bit. That’s why they’re incorporated under laws that value confidentiality like Switzerland and the Cayman Islands. So I don’t think they’ll be very eager to come to the center of Manama, right under the spot light, since their customers want privacy first and for most. Besides, these banks probably don’t want to be next to each other, since all their competitors can see who walks in and out of their office and try to solicit business.

I think the two towers should turn into luxury hotels. The nice connector between the two buildings can make a very nice lobby, with restaurants on the sea side. You can get rid of the “Financial” aspect and call it the Bahrain Harbor. I think the gem will be piano or jazz lounges on the top floors. One with a view of the sea, and the other with a view of the old city of Manama.

The Al Fateh Library

I don’t have a problem with the library they’re constructing in Juffair, next to the Al Fateh Mosque. I just think the building is so beautiful to serve as a library by the sea.
If the project managers built that construction out of the ambit of the grand mosque, and closer to the sea, it would make a very nice opera house, like the one in Sydney. Just imagine.

4 Comments:

Blogger $iLveR GiRL said...

What's wrong with having a "very beautiful" building reserved for a highly valued use like a library!

We have so many ungly libraries already. A nice looking library by the sea might help to magnetize more Bahrainies to books!

I personally think the idea and the location are hip!

Welcome back. I was genuinely pleased to see a new post :)

11:30 AM  
Anonymous subliminal communication said...

There is a lot of info out there but not all of it is correct. Thanks for your input. If you get a chance, give me your input on my thoughts. Take a look at www.subliminalcommunication.blogspot.com/ for my latest.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handy man and Repairmen

Can You Fix this and Can you fix that well

nevada state contractors board Advice at http://good-remodeling.com/wood.pl?expert=remodeling . If you are Looking for nevada state contractors board Then Here it is

11:02 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

I work on fast weight loss? which is my personal weight loss journal about losing 40 pounds with healthy diets and exercise programs. So check it out and give me some suggestions for improving my blog

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home